Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Top Stories



I just wanted to be myself: Smith


DURBAN: Rajasthan Royals outclassed Kings XI Punjab in all departments to win the DLF Indian Premier Leagye tie by 78 runs at Kingsmead, Durban on Tuesday. The platform for the victory was laid by Graeme Smith who smashed 77 runs off just 44 deliveries.The Rajasthan Royals batman spoke exclusively to iplt20.com on his approach and the getting back form.
On what he did differently:I think I was a little tense during the initial matches but I have settled down. Now, I have some confidence going now. I played my natural game today. And I am very happy that we won the match.
On setting targets: : No, I did not want to set a score for myself. I just wanted to be positive today. I just wanted to be myself on the field. Hopefully, I can use the confidence in the coming matches to help my side secure a semi-final berth.
On sweating it out at nets:I have been working hard at the nets. And today, we actually got a Test strip to bat on. So, that was one thing which went in my favour as I was feeling a lot more comfortable on the wicket.
On his opening partner: Naman Ojha was awesome. He allowed me to play some positive cricket. It was great to have a good opening partnership in the match. Our top-order has struggled, so it feels good to make the make the amends.

No comments:

Post a Comment